Axial expansion joints aim to absorb the axial expansions.
• They do not change the direction of the flow
• Additional assemblage distance is not necessary
• Dividing the pipeline helps to prevent stress of lateral forces
Axial shift and slight all-around movement of the expansion joint is possible. Axial expansion joints with two bellows are used to absorb larger movements.
Advantages of Axial Expansion Joints
• Easy to absorb the expansion movements
• No direction changes of the flow
• Minimum application area
• Possible lateral and angular expansion absorption by the additional bellows.
• To provide a non-stressed area where the pressure is not too high such as pump and compressor applications.
• Low application costs